Tuesday, March 15, 2016

We’re going to Worlds!

The 2016 United States National Ballroom Competition


Wow, what a whirlwind of a weekend! Casey and I feel so grateful for the outpouring of support and love we felt as we competed at the United States National Ballroom Competition this weekend. It is always a wonderful opportunity to dance, especially together, but it was extra special in front of so many of our family and friends. Thanks to the organizers Lee Wakefield and Curt Holman for their efforts to make the event so wonderful!

It is always a team effort and we feel so grateful and blessed for our team! A big thank you to our coaches Shala and Lela, as well as all our other instructors and inspirations along this journey. Thank you for inspiring us, pushing us, and helping us progress. And to our families, you are our biggest cheerleaders and without you, we wouldn’t be here. Your love and support are the backbone of our success. We love you!

This weekend, Casey and I placed in the top 20 for Amateur Standard, 8th in Amateur Latin, and 2nd in Amateur Ten-Dance. We feel privileged to be one of two couples chosen to represent the United States at the World Ten-Dance Championships in Paris, France in December. We are so excited for this opportunity and for our future in dance!

Benjamin Ralph and I placed 1st in Amateur Cabaret, winning the National Cabaret Championship Title. Ben, thanks for all of your hard work and dedication. We did it! Can’t wait till ya marry my lovely sister-in-law and join the family officially! ;)

And Chayce, thanks for rocking the paso doble with me! It was so fun to dance with you and take 2nd in the event. You’re the best! And congrats to you and Jessi on your results all weekend; I’m so happy for you and all you accomplished!

It was also fun watching my students compete in the 180 and 185 class competitions. I’m so proud of all of them!

I feel so grateful for this wonderful weekend and am excited for the opportunities ahead. Now, back to work! J

No comments:

Post a Comment